Wildstar

Alusi

Wildstar

Post by Alusi » 26 May 2014 12:58

Was wondering if any of you guys had been in any Beta's for this or had any views on it?

https://secure.wildstar-online.com/cgi-bin/wsStore.pl

I don't know much about it at all apart from checking out a few videos and the website.

Cartoony look - hmm not so sure

Game Design - Telegraphs - fluid dynamic combat - 20 -40 player raids! sounds great.

The comical style of the whole game is quite refreshing - apparently though after L20 the game is far from a cake walk.

Anyone played this at all in Beta?

Laters ;)

Junoa

Re: Wildstar

Post by Junoa » 26 May 2014 13:23

yes I played the beta, too easy and too cartoony but it was fun though, the approach is funny, I think that the devs were on lsd

Morce

Post by Morce » 26 May 2014 13:47

so WoW on LSD? :)

Jonnymedic

Post by Jonnymedic » 26 May 2014 21:53

EUJA!
You got lost. How's your ESO experience?
I'm a tad disappointed like most players, but I'm still playing. Got bitten by a vampire today. Yippee!

Junoa

Post by Junoa » 27 May 2014 00:00

Jonnymedic wrote:EUJA!
You got lost. How's your ESO experience?
I'm a tad disappointed like most players, but I'm still playing. Got bitten by a vampire today. Yippee!

Deja vu :P

Alusi

Post by Alusi » 27 May 2014 09:00

Hey Jonnymed :)

ESO well not really disappointed, pretty much what I expected after doing the Beta, plus after AoC I was expecting lots of bugs and post patch issue's, isn't that just normal for an MMO?

My Khajiit Nightblade Assassin build is now VR3, its taking me a long time to get to VR10 as the XP jump is massive, don't really want to grind it and trying to do all the quests as intended (taking in the dialogue)

Yeah Vampire is fun I have that skillline maxed out now, on my Assassin I actually sprint while in stealth with the Dark Stalker and Concealed weapon speed buff :)

Loving my back stab attacks from stealth using concealed weapon my best so far is 2.2k damage!

Have done all the basic dungeon going to start some Vet Dungeons this week.

My Guild have started doing Craglorn raids but as you need to be VR10 to get a spot it will be a few weeks before I can join in. No rush for me though still loads to do :) Also been lvling up all the crafting skills ;)

So still loving ESO just hope they sort out the bugs and performance issues esp for the Cyrodil PvP players. (Not had time to do much of that the last few weeks)

As for Wildstar, just thought I might take a look sometime as it looks quite unique in its concept and gameplay, really like the look of the class design. If the gameplay is fun I might be able to get past the cartoony look.

Laters :)

evangarstorm

Post by evangarstorm » 30 May 2014 14:27

i'm VR11 , baby . hehe
whatever, Wildstar - sorry, but no more cartoons, pls, no more. Such a junk. I know, this style is way easier to develop and also makes engine to be light and run smoothly even on shitty pc, but this is not an excuse to me. Same shits about Everquest Next. They want mature ppl to pay and play their games but makes them looks like for 12 years old. wtf..

Seraphita
Mummy Bear
Main Name: Seraphita
Main Class: Bear Shaman

Post by Seraphita » 30 May 2014 15:19

evangarstorm wrote:They want mature ppl to pay and play their games but makes them looks like for 12 years old. wtf..
+1
"lissen to the conunitu!"
ImageImage

Alusi

Post by Alusi » 30 May 2014 19:43

Yeah Evang I agree and that's why I never really looked at Wildstar before but in the end a game can look stunning and be some real Eye Candy but when you bite into it if it tastes like shit are you going to stay with it?

Combat and gameplay is what makes or break longevity in a game for me.

ESO has some really good stuff there with its design but sadly ZoS really need to sort out the bugs fast. With my limited game time (hence only VR4) its not been too bad apart from the lag spikes and unresponsive night blade abilities. Cyrodil is really bad for bugs according to my current guild m8's.

Darkstar has some very interesting combat mechanic ideas that I have decided are at least worth a look at, whether they make the crap cartoony look of the game irrelevant remains to be seen.

I logged back into AoC the other day and it really looked so tired and old, not sure I will be back even if Failcom ever release T5.

Laters ;)
Laters

Junoa

Post by Junoa » 30 May 2014 21:31

Alusi wrote:I logged back into AoC the other day and it really looked so tired and old, not sure I will be back even if Failcom ever release T5.

Laters ;)
Laters
To Me AoC is still the most innovative mmorpg out there, till now no other game reached the lvl of gameplay that AoC have, I am not talking as fanboy but as gamer, I tested so many games last 2 years and all of them were more or less WoW clones, there is a stagnation in the mmo games, the devs cant come up with nothing new so they play it safe, FC dared to innovate but sadly ppl dont like new things, every dev wth cash thinks they can come up with the next WoW killer but truth is its a clone.