Windows 8 and AoC

stage

Windows 8 and AoC

Post by stage » 03 Jun 2013 08:32

Will be installing new system soon, so just wondering if i should go for w8 or just stick to w7. Any of you that are using w8 and having some issues with it when playing Conan?

Orvosmaci

Re: Windows 8 and AoC

Post by Orvosmaci » 03 Jun 2013 10:37

Go with W8. No problem running any prog I am/was using on W7. W8 is definitely faster and has much better memory management. There is a short learning curve to get used to the interface but 95-98% same as W7. As soon as you are familiar with the steps to get fast to the desktop it is like nothing changed.

Alxir

Post by Alxir » 03 Jun 2013 10:46

Orvosmaci wrote:Go with W8. No problem running any prog I am/was using on W7. W8 is definitely faster and has much better memory management. There is a short learning curve to get used to the interface but 95-98% same as W7. As soon as you are familiar with the steps to get fast to the desktop it is like nothing changed.
+1

evangarstorm

Post by evangarstorm » 03 Jun 2013 11:16

one of my gaming pc`s are with Win8 , and no problem, but.. if you won't buy license for win 8 , there is no actual activator, only solutions for prolonging the "trial" period... and at some point you for sure will need to reinstall it :P I had in use the offer from Microsoft (which ended at 31 January) and got Win8pro only fro 30 bucks :)

Shahir

Post by Shahir » 03 Jun 2013 12:29

Same here, AoC+win8, no problem.
Just took a couple of days to get used to win8 but if you're a "keyboard & shortcuts" man, you won't be lost :)

tronkita
Senior Officer
Main Name: Tronkita
Main Class: Conqueror

Post by tronkita » 03 Jun 2013 16:13

There should be no compatibility issues.

I do not think that w8 is faster or slower than w7, it is just 'the last thing' hype, because usually people like to have all the latest stuff.

The learning curve needs 5 mins to download & install Start8.

Jonnyponny

Post by Jonnyponny » 03 Jun 2013 17:27

Win 8 vs Win 7 Speed & performance

Gaming Performance is at the bottom, With win 7 slightly outperforming win 8.

stage

Post by stage » 03 Jun 2013 17:51

yes was looking of couple of reviews, forum threads and talk to few ppl as well

for the one u posted i saw it, however i do not really trust it tbh.

Alusi

Post by Alusi » 03 Jun 2013 18:32

I subscribe to PC Format, a well respected UK magazine thats been around since 386/486 and pentium days.

I read nothing in its reviews of Windows 8 that would make me as a static machine user (tower and 30" LCD) wanting to rush out to use windows 8 then (was about 6 months ago) or right now. If you have a Surface or other PC tablet then of course its ideal otherwise I would stick with W7.

Things may change in the future though, I hear MS are releasing IE11 soon and it wont be compatable with windows 7 for example. Not that many of you IE haters will give a shit about that.

However I guess we are long way off W7 not be able to play any of the latest game releases.

Alxir

Post by Alxir » 03 Jun 2013 20:50

Win 8.1 is expected to be launched at the end of the year, most likely before the xmas rush with some new tablet and lappys aswell.. 8.1 is planned to be a free update so is good is nice :)