stage

Re: Gaming Laptop :)

Post by stage » 23 Mar 2013 14:25

srsly meode, alienware is for kids with no brains and money from mommy

like me and evang said, take ASUS :)

Shahir

Post by Shahir » 23 Mar 2013 17:07

Don't worry Stage, I didn't even paid attention, I need arguments and facts, not a simple logo link :D

Thanks all for your wise feedback, ideas and opinions, I'll let you know what I bought :)

Alxir

Post by Alxir » 23 Mar 2013 20:16

Dont take the weight to much into account... Since it doesn't weight much when on your table or on the trunk of ur car or on the train/bus/plane... You'd want a nice backpack though :)

evangarstorm

Post by evangarstorm » 24 Mar 2013 15:30

if I should tell something negative about asus G75vw is that best video u can get is GForce GTX670m , which actually is still Fermi based gpu, which is something like desktop graphics card GTX560ti.
In this aspect MSI GT75 has better option , but of course u have to give more money. GT75 can be found with GTX675m and GTX680m , which is Kepler gpu`s with better performance in the games. But these two are more expensive options.

So, Shahir, could u change Asus ROG G75VW to be ASUS ROG G75VX ?
Looks like G75VX is newer revision, with better video. G75VX has GForce 670MX instead of 670M in G75VW.
670MX is kepler based videocard, is around 20% faster than 670m.

GeForce GTX 670MX 960 CUDA Cores @600MHz Kepler
GeForce GTX 670M 336 CUDA Cores @598MHz Fermi

ofcourse this is only if u choose Asus :)

Shahir

Post by Shahir » 24 Mar 2013 17:50

evangarstorm wrote:So, Shahir, could u change Asus ROG G75VW to be ASUS ROG G75VX ?
I'll give a try, thanks a lot again :)

Roxeetah

Post by Roxeetah » 03 Apr 2013 16:22

I have an MSI GT70 and I love everything about it, apart from the fact that I have to pretend I have fat fingers and press hard on some of the keys on the keyboard. :D

I just wish I had some money left to spend on subscription so I could raid... :roll:

Shahir

Post by Shahir » 04 Apr 2013 02:25

It's sorted, I'm installing AoC on my new ASUS ROG G75VX, got it today, maybe it will be ready for tomorrow's raid, but I have a loooot of things to do before, also got a Synology I need to fill/feed :)

evangarstorm

Post by evangarstorm » 04 Apr 2013 16:17

give us some impressions u have about the new toy :) its best to have them from a person you know :)

Shahir

Post by Shahir » 04 Apr 2013 17:39

Except a patcher issue ( see here if some of you can/want to help : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4180 ) so far, I've only spent a couple minutes online, with all options maxxed and ... omg ... I feel I'm playing a new MMO :)