LucasArts

Meode

LucasArts

Post by Meode » 31 Oct 2012 10:48

Sold to Disney for around $4 billion.

"This afternoon Walt Disney Company purchased the rights to Star Wars, the property’s production company, and all of its subsidiaries.

I’ll give you all a second to let that sink in.

The big news for video game fans, once they get over the idea of Star Wars: Episode 7 aiming for a 2015 theatrical release, is that video game developer and publisher LucasArts is included in the deal.

Disney’s press release focuses on its overall plans for the property and doesn’t go into specific details about potential LucasArts projects. We’ll update as those details emerge.

So far, the house of mouse has confirmed its intentions to deliver movies, television shows, consumer products, games, and theme parks based on the Star Wars property. Disney is fully aware of the Star Wars franchise power and the company seem enthusiastic about delivering new products for the fans.

The biggest announcement was the plan for Star Wars: Episode 7 in 2015 and more feature films as the franchise grows."

so expect to see Starwars 7 in a couple of years with leading actors such as Bugs Bunny as Luke and Daffy Duck as Han Solo

Seraphita
Mummy Bear
Main Name: Seraphita
Main Class: Bear Shaman

Re: LucasArts

Post by Seraphita » 31 Oct 2012 11:37

Meode wrote:So far, the house of mouse has confirmed its intentions to deliver movies, television shows, consumer products, games, and theme parks based on the Star Wars property. Disney is fully aware of the Star Wars franchise power and the company seem enthusiastic about delivering new products for the fans.
Just with merchandise, if you milk the cow properly, they will get those 4 billions back. SW8 and 9 are also already on the planning. I'm not a fan of SW but just thinking about Disney's paws in it makes me shiver. :?
"lissen to the conunitu!"
ImageImage

Gurnax
Guild Member
Main Name: Lenyn
Main Class: Dark Templar

Post by Gurnax » 31 Oct 2012 15:05

Seraphita wrote:Just with merchandise, if you milk the cow properly, they will get those 4 billions back. SW8 and 9 are also already on the planning. I'm not a fan of SW but just thinking about Disney's paws in it makes me shiver. :?
Am trying to keep the spirits up. John Carter was Disney product and it's a rather enjoyable if somewhat unoriginal sword & sorcery flick. Pirates of the Caribbean series has some dark and gritty moments unlike what we usually attach to Disney. And Finding Nemo has a pretty sharp sense of humor. There are (at least some) chances it might turn out OK in spite of Disney being in charge now.

But tbh, after Lucas' new trilogy, and especially after Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon (for which I didn't have stomach I must admit) I find myself strangely disinterested in the whole thing, although I cannot imagine a world without the original 1977 Star Wars film and its sequel. The way I see it, Star Wars is already dead so they cannot make it any worse. And if there are chances to resurrect it even a little, why not?
“Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.”
Groucho Marx

Junoa

Post by Junoa » 31 Oct 2012 17:46

John Carter > Edgar Rice Burroughs, my second all time writer, if you read some stories you will see how Howard got Conan from, too bad ppl didnt like John Carter, I found it really good, because of that the god of mars wont be made :(

Aayesha
Wisdom's Daughter
Main Name: Trieb
Main Class: Bear Shaman

Post by Aayesha » 31 Oct 2012 20:01

Junoa wrote:John Carter > Edgar Rice Burroughs, my second all time writer, if you read some stories you will see how Howard got Conan from
And let us not forget H. Rider Haggard too ;)

saru

Post by saru » 31 Oct 2012 22:08

cmon Darth vader is dead - there is nothing to expect from the new episodes :D

Junoa

Post by Junoa » 31 Oct 2012 23:32

Aayesha wrote:
Junoa wrote:John Carter > Edgar Rice Burroughs, my second all time writer, if you read some stories you will see how Howard got Conan from
I am not sure, more like indiana jones to me than Conan, Allan is great in the adventures he did in Africa

Gurnax
Guild Member
Main Name: Lenyn
Main Class: Dark Templar

Post by Gurnax » 01 Nov 2012 03:50

Junoa wrote:
Aayesha wrote:
I am not sure, more like indiana jones to me than Conan, Allan is great in the adventures he did in Africa
If splitting hairs here, let's also not forget the other Conan, namely A.C. Doyle, who was dealing with long-forgotten-and-then-rediscovered realms and both their beauty and horror before Haggard's Solomon's mines and city of Kôr, or Burroughs' Opar and Barsoom, or Howard's Xuthal, Xapur, Xuchotil, etc. ;)
“Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.”
Groucho Marx