...THIS STORY SHALL ALSO BE TOLD !!!

Miloen

Re: ...THIS STORY SHALL ALSO BE TOLD !!!

Post by Miloen » 27 Oct 2012 21:23

This kinda reminds me of me and Barefail a bit, just not as good.

Gurnax
Guild Member
Main Name: Lenyn
Main Class: Dark Templar

Post by Gurnax » 27 Oct 2012 21:51

Junoa wrote:old guys are doing fine, just look at recent movies, from R.e.d to the expandebles, is working fine, if young ppl dont like it, meh I dont care we were young once amd didnt like what our parents were having as cool in their days
Yeah, R.E.D. and Expendables are good examples.

Nice to see you are around, Junoa. Long time no see. Hope you've been doing all right.
“Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.”
Groucho Marx

Junoa

Post by Junoa » 27 Oct 2012 22:29

I am doing ok, just busy with some stuff, thanks for asking, I am still lurking in the forums giving aoc haters some hard time ^^ but I bought me some conan novels and discovered Karen Miller books, I am exited about the movie, ifbthey do it right it will open a lot of doors for the fans.

Gurnax
Guild Member

Post by Gurnax » 12 Nov 2012 20:29

@Pompej

;)

Groucho Marx

Pompej

Post by Pompej » 12 Nov 2012 20:51

8-)

http://youtu.be/wyqJ9wxZ9L0

Its kinda catchy,you must admit ;)

Gurnax
Guild Member

Post by Gurnax » 16 May 2014 19:53

First promotional poster for the new Schwarzenegger Conan movie, exhibited at Cannes.

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news ... arzenegger

At first I thought what's on Conan's face were liver spots, but upon further investigation, turned out the whole picture is supposed to look like it's blood sprayed. Wish they did it better though, so there's no ambivalence about whether Conan will be fighting a liver disease in this one. But then, there's the title of the movie: it says "King Conan", and under that says: "The Legend of Conan". Why two similar titles which seem redundant? Are they suppose to bring up associations about senility? I hope these first steps will not reflect the whole movie.

Groucho Marx

Seraphita
Mummy Bear
Main Name: Seraphita
Main Class: Bear Shaman

Post by Seraphita » 16 May 2014 20:24

For some reason I have a real bad feeling about this.... :?
"lissen to the conunitu!"
ImageImage

Alusi

Post by Alusi » 16 May 2014 20:28

Has "epic fail" written all over it, but then based on the dire overall feel of the last attempt at a conan movie I guess it doesn't have much to live up to.

Nothing will replace the Arnie original films I guess.

Gurnax
Guild Member

Post by Gurnax » 16 May 2014 20:37

Well, however it turns out, or looks like it will turn out, I have to admit I am excited about the possibility of seeing Arnold as Conan once again, hearing 'Anvil of Crom', seeing Atlantean sword. Therefore, I'm telling myself, although this poster doesn't look promising, there's still time to make it right. The poster says '2015', so they got time to polish the script, find a good director, do a proper filming on locations, do post-producton, special effects, etc. etc.

Oh, and I think Conan having gray hair is a good move, both esthetically, also, story-wise, considering he's an old king here, and reality-wise, since Arnold is about 70. At least, in spite of all bad things it shows, this poster also shows they got guts to make a change, and maybe do something inventive with the Conan character.

In addition, I see a point in making this movie for 2015. 2014 - there is the last Hobbit movie, and the audience is by now used to have one big fantasy film a year. And the next year, they will have no more Hobbit, so it is likely they will turn to this one. And The World of Warcraft movie is scheduled for 2016. Should be the perfect timing.
Groucho Marx

Junoa

Post by Junoa » 16 May 2014 21:22

I lost faith in hollywood -.- the same producer as the movie from 2011 and the other producer is from fast and furious and the screenplay is for Andrea Berloff, dafuq Hollywood dafuq